This Policy contains details about how Minemega collects and uses information from you when you use the Site.
This Policy covers only the Site. Other Minemega sites and other online locations may have their own privacy policies, and you should consult those accordingly.
This Policy was last updated on and is effective as of May 5, 2018.
Minemega may update this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted below for a period of thirty (30) days and will be effective when posted. The changes will also be immediately incorporated into this Policy.
Your continued use of the Site after any changes are made to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of the changes. If any of the changes are unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Site.
If any changes to this Policy affect how Minemega treats or handles information already provided by you to Minemega, Minemega will notify you by email (if Minemega has a valid email address to use) and give you thirty (30) days to opt-in to the changes as they pertain to your information. If you do not opt-in, your information will continue to be used in a manner that is consistent with the version of this Policy under which it was collected, or the information will be deleted.
Collection and Use of Information/Choices
You can generally visit the Site without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is generally defined as information that may be able to identify you including, but not limited to, name, address, telephone number, email address, birthday, credit card number, photograph, age, etc.
There are areas on the Site where you may be asked to provide Minemega with PII. For example, PII such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit card number, birthday, office address and other business information , may be collected from you when you:
- make monetary donations to Minemega;
- leave/plan future monetary gifts to the Minemega (e.g., bequests, life insurance);
- seek to donate personal or real property/non-monetary items or gifts;
- shop via the Site;
- register for Minemega events, workshops, podcasts, and/or webinars;
- contact Minemega with questions or comments;
- create a user name and password (or answer to security question) in order to establish a Site account;
- sign petitions or pledges for/against certain laws or regulations;
- request neighborhood distribution materials for circulation (e.g., door hangers);
- apply for a job;
- sign up to be a “feral friend” or request assistance from a “feral friend” through the Feral Friends Network;
- send personalized eCards through the Site;
- participate in surveys, questionnaires, or contests; and/or
- sign up for various Minemega newsletters or other information via email.
If you use a payment provider (e.g., PayPal) or other third party service that interacts with the Site, Minemega may receive information about you from that service, site or app.
Minemegamay use your PII to:
- maintain proper business and other relevant records;
- administer Site accounts;
- process donations or gifts made to Minemega;
- process payments and ship items purchased through the Site;
- process reservations for, and administer, events, workshops, podcasts, and/or webinars;
- administer/process petitions and pledges in favor/against certain laws or regulations;
- process requests for, and ship, neighborhood distribution materials;
- review job applicant information, conduct interviews, and/or hire personnel;
- process requests to be a “feral friend” or requests for assistance from “feral friends” via the Feral Friends Network;
- administer the Feral Friends Network;
- process and send eCard requests;
- schedule/administer meetings and events;
- respond to questions or comments;
- deliver services through the Site;
- process and catalog responses to surveys or questionnaires;
- enter you in, and administer, contests and other promotions;
- send you Minemega newsletters and other updates or information;
- improve the content and general administration of the Site;
- perform internal Site operations (e.g., fraud prevention);
- troubleshoot software issues and operational problems;
- conduct Site data analysis and testing; and/or
- monitor Site usage.
Minemega uses multiple services to track Site usage trends, measure Site performance, improve Site features. No PII is collected by these services during this process. For further information, please see the privacy policies associated with these service providers:
Minemega uses services (such as Quantcast) to serve you customized Minemega advertisements on third party sites based on your interaction with the Site. These services may place cookies on your browser for these targeted advertising purposes. Data is not collected from you during this process, rather data is deposited in the form of a cookie on your computer. PII or personal information such as your name, email address, postal address and/or telephone number are not collected. You may be able to delete cookies by consulting your browser and/or computer instructions. Please note that any deletion of cookies could affect how the Site appears and/or operates for you.
By providing to Minemega the PII and other information referenced above, you agree that Minemega may use the PII and other information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Response to “Do Not Track” Requests/Signals
As noted previously in this Policy, several third parties may directly collect information through the Site. Since it is possible that some of these third parties may respond differently than Minemega to “do not track” requests, you should consult the applicable privacy policies of those third parties for that information.
Data Security and Retention
While Minemega takes the issue of protecting your PII seriously, you should exercise discretion in what information you disclose and/or transmit to the Site. Minemega cannot guarantee that information sent over the Internet is fully secure, and therefore the transmitted information may be intercepted by others before it reaches Minemega. If you are concerned about sending information to Minemega over the Internet, please send the information by mail or call us to make other arrangements. Minemega is not responsible for the security of information sent over the Internet.
Minemega retains collected information for a reasonable amount of time in order to fulfill the stated purpose for why the information was collected. Minemega will also retain collected information connected to business records for periods of time required by law. If Minemega determines that collected information is no longer needed, it will delete such information. Our collection times will be consistent with applicable law.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of UK.